(Ålesund - Oslo, 14. January 2016) Today Maritime Partner AS signed a contract with Buksér og Berging AS for the delivery of two pilot boats, including an option for a further eight vessels. Including the options, the contract has a total value of approximately 100 million NOK.
Gisle Anderssen, Maritime Partner (left) and John A Nielsen, Buksér og Berging.
The contract was won in fierce competition with both national and international suppliers, and was formally signed Thursday morning in the head office of Buksér og Berging in Oslo.
The Sales and marketing director of Maritime Partner AS, Gisle Anderssen, signed the contract on behalf of the Aalesund-based company.
- We are very proud to have won this prestigious contract. Buksér og Berging is a competent and demanding costumer and it has been a strong and productive cooperation throughout the development phase, says Anderssen.
This type of vessel is a new concept from Maritime Partner, and has been developed in close cooperation with the costumer. The design has received the type-designation Alusafe 1620 BB Pilot, where ”BB” refers to ”Buksér og Berging”.
The Norwegian Costal Administration (NCA) awarded Buksér og Berging with a 10 year contract for supplying pilot service last November. The bidding round was won in competition with a number of companies, and involves piloting assignments along the entire Norwegian coast. Buksér og Berging will take over operation of about 30 pilot vessels, in accordance with the agreement with the NCA. Furthermore, the company already have more than 30 tug-vessels stationed along the Norwegian coast. The shipping company’s head offices are located in Oslo.
-This contract with the NCA is a milestone in our 100-year long history, the Project director of Buksér og Berging, John Nielsen.
- We are very pleased that a Norwegian supplier has been able to win this contract for developing and construction of the pilot vessels, he says.
John Nielsen states that the contract with Maritime Partner is part of a long-term plan, aimed towards renewing and modernizing the pilot vessel fleet along the Norwegian coast. Buksér og Berging will take over operation of the NCA’s existing pilot vessels, which will gradually be replaced by new and modernized vessels.
- During development of the new pilot vessel design, we have worked in close cooperation with Buksér og Berging, focused on ensuring a design that displays remarkable seaworthiness in open waters as well as areas with a large amount of small craft traffic, explains Area sales manager for Maritime Partner, Rune Midtkandal.
Another important part of the design process was finding cost-efficient solutions for outfitting and low maintenance costs.
- The new hull-concept enable the vessel to be equipped with a propulsion-system that provides low fuel consumption and less emissions to the environment, says Midtkandal.
Alusafe 1620 BB Pilot will be outfitted with a Volvo Penta IPS (Inboard Performance System) propulsion-system, based on highly efficient pulling propellers. The main benefits of the propulsion-system include reduced fuel consumption, high maneuverability, improved acceleration, user-friendly operation, and easy accessibility for service tasks, as well as reducing noise and vibrations.
The first two vessels will be delivered October 2016 and February 2017. When all systems are tested and expectations are met, more vessels will be ordered.
- Our success in the larger boats segment both to Norwegian and international clients is the result of a well set marketing strategy and a proof of our products excellent capability, says Gisle Anderssen.
Maritime Partner has been an international supplier of rescue and patrol vessels for several decades, and delivered their 2000th vessel in 2015. Their costumers share a common, distinct requirement for vessels that provide strong operational capabilities in extreme situations and environments.
The philosophy behind Maritime Partners ”Alusafe 1620 BB Pilot” for Buksér og Berging is a simple and optimally functional design, with low fuel consumption and low noise and vibrations, combined with high seaworthiness and remarkable maneuvering capabilities.