New supervision- vessel from Maritime Partner.
- The right tool for the job
Maritime Partner has entered into a contract with Norwegian Rig Shuttle, for delivery of a large high-speed supervision-vessel, which is to be operated for the Norwegian Directorate of Fisheries (NDF) along the length of the Norwegian coast.
The vessel, which is of Maritime Partner design Alusafe 2000 MPV (Multi-Purpose Vessel,) will be ready for delivery in December 2017
Norwegian Rig Shuttle has entered into a contract with NDF’s regional office in Tromsø. The contract has a span of three years, from January 2018, and includes a continuation option for 1+1 years.
Ready for the arctic winter
The new supervision vessel will be built and equipped to operate in the most northern parts of Norway during the arctic winter. This ensures less weather dependency for NDF’s operations, and provides higher operability for their fishery inspection. During the summer months the vessel will be operating in the southern parts of Norway.
A robust alternative
- “Because of the current vessels vulnerability to harsh weather conditions, we have had a desire for a more robust alternative. Now we finally have the chance to acquire the right tool for the job,” says section chief of NDF region North, Rolf Harald Jensen.
He says they will operate an area spanning from the Oslo Fjord, to the Varanger Fjord, with multiple areas commonly experiencing harsh weather conditions. The vessel from Maritime Partner and Norwegian Rig Shuttle will be able to handle both weather and wind conditions along the entire Norwegian coastline, and be operational under the same conditions as the coastal fishing fleet operates. The new vessel will replace two vessels currently operated by NDF.
Higher operational ability.
- «For the time being, we are adjusting our capacity to one vessel and still we are able to be more operative and less vulnerable with regards to safety of operations, the crew and the environment. This has been a core demand of our requirement specification” says Rolf Harald Jensen of NDF.
Norwegian Rig Shuttle
Norwegian Rig Shuttle delivers maritime services for maintenance operations, towing, personnel- and goods transportations, and additional services. This vessel will be the first from Maritime Partner in their fleet.
- “We are very happy with our choice of supplier, and what we have seen of reference-vessels have been very good. With regards to this vessel, it will be operational seven days a week, in very demanding conditions, and we are very satisfied with the array of equipment, choice of materials and technical solutions,” says Kjetil Hantveit, CEO of Norwegian Rig Shuttle.
Alusafe 2000 MPV
Alusafe 2000 MPV is a new design, tailor made for NDF. It will operate throughout the Norwegian coastline, and will be certified for small coastal operations. The design is based on a tried and tested hull, which has been used for a number of vessels and is well suited for both open and shallow waters.
The Alusafe 2000 MPV has a length of 20 meters and a cruising speed of 20 knots. It will be fitted with a Seabear 20 workboat from Maritime Partner at the stern. The supervision vessel will have a crew consisting of a captain from Norwegian Rig Shuttle, and two inspectors from NDF.
The vessel has an overnight capacity for a crew of five and has fully equipped facilities such as a galley, pantry, wardrobe and office. Additionally, it is equipped with night vision cameras, a crane, and de-icing systems.
More information about the vessel can be found here: Alusafe 2000 MPV
Main data for Alusafe 2000 MPV:
- Length over all 21,9 meters
- Width over all 5.60 meters
- Crew: 5 personer
- Cruising speed 20 knots approx.